Please take the time to read over this page fully.
This application is for the staff position of Helper only. We do not accept applications for Mod, Builder, Dev, or Admin. You must start off as Helper and prove yourself to be promoted to a higher position.
We will not be making any decisions in regards to promotions lightly, and we hope you don't take your applications lightly. The role of Helper is to be taken seriously. If the duties of a staff position do not appeal to you, please do not apply.
Above all else, staff are to treat all players fairly and with respect. (You can still punish someone respectfully.) Players are the soul of our community and should be treated as you would wish to be treated. We want players to return to our community, not leave because they felt they were treated poorly. While it might be frustrating to deal with some "nubs", please try to be patient and don't be condescending. We aren't here to hurt peoples feelings by making them feel stupid. Conduct yourself in a professional, mature, and responsible manner. If promoted, how you act will reflect not only on yourself, but on SwanCraft as a community.
• Must be an active member of the community for at least one month.
• Must be age 16 or older. We would be willing to make rare exceptions.
• Must not have any punishments for the last two months.
*NOTE* Asking others for the answers to the quiz will lead to disqualification of your application.
(What we look for.)
• Players who take an active and positive role in the community.
• Players who have shown interest in helping the community (answering questions, helping newcomers, general camaraderie)
• Players who show maturity and understanding
• Players who can keep a cool head in hot situations
• Players who are friendly
• Players who can communicate well
• Make new players feel welcome. (requires more than just “Welcome ____!”
• Encourage players to use the forums.
• Perform all duties assigned, to the best of your ability.
• Encourage community involvement.
• Do not abuse your position that you have been trusted with.
• Discuss problems with the Admin team and don’t let bad feelings fester.
• Have an in depth knowledge of server rules and info.
Duties of a Helper
Helpers primary focus should be on monitoring chat. They should be the ones jumping in to answer players’ questions and helping players first. Helpers are expected to help maintain a peaceful chat environment.
Helpers secondary focus should be on welcoming new players, answering their questions, and making sure they get to where they want to be. Sometimes no matter how many tools we give new players, they still can’t find the answer they are searching for. That is where Helpers come in! Give some little tips to new players, try to answer their questions, and just be friendly with them! If a player has a question don’t wait for another staff member to answer them. Helpers should be taking on those questions to free up higher staff.
• Greet new players when they join and answer any questions they may have.
• Moderate the chat. Uphold all chat rules.
• Check the forums for reports.
• Actively use the forums to keep in touch with the community.
• Answer questions asked in chat.
• Respond to /helpop messages
• Help players in need.
• Check and reply to the forums daily.
• Try to solve a problem before turning to /muting, /warning, or /tempbanning.
• Relay important information to staff and players.
• Actively participate in staff conversations.
• Help your fellow staff mates when needed, if you are available.
Communication is the most essential element of any successful team. It is of the utmost importance that you communicate with your fellow staff members. We understand that sometimes life may get in the way of your duties, so please let the staff team know if you will be away or not be as active as you usually are. We know that this is a volunteer position, so if you need to be away for a while, we completely understand. However, stopping communication with staff (for a long period of time), without prior warning, may result in a demotion. The main thing that I ask of you, besides being respectful, is that you communicate with the team!
It may take a couple weeks to receive a reply as we look into everyone thoroughly and watch applicants in game before making a decision.
In a world full of soulless Minecraft Networks and "one-size-fits-all" hub servers, SwanCraft aims to give you something different: a place to call home. Our close-knit community is ready to welcome you into our family!