Owner
Votes:
+3,401
Level 10
LEVEL 10
Admins
Owner
Hello Swanlings <3

We have experienced our third bout of a Badly Compressed Packet and frankly Louie and I are done with this map. It's had so many problems and we can't keep putting the map back up and hoping we've found the correct chunk that is overloaded. Only to find out a week later that we didn't. It's not fair to you guys, Louie, and the staff team. Having to deal with weekly restores of 100 players, answering a dozen questions about a dozen times each, and having Louie do a map restore every week. Players having to wait hours/days until the server is back up, waiting for staff to fix their stuff again. It's just not worth it anymore.
We still don't know for sure what's caused this error, but we are fairly certain it is a build somewhere on the map with a huge amount of hoppers, chests, furnaces. They all count as tile entities and can be just as destructive to servers as huge amounts of physical entities.

As such, we will be resetting the map entirely.

Changes

Map
We will not be bringing any builds over from the current map. Everyone will get a fresh start!

Inventories
Everyone will start off fresh with a brand new inventory. We don't want to bring over any inventories for a couple of reasons. 1. We are afraid that bringing anything over from the current map will "contaminate" the new map. 2. We want to try to fix the broken economy we have. More on that below.

Host
We will be switching to a dedicated server because our host is just awful. The server runs alright (if all our problems aren't caused by the host), but the tech support is terrible.

Lag Reduction
There will be limitations on the amount of redstone, hoppers, and chests used in any given area. We aren't sure of a number yet, but we will be sure to let everyone know before the map is back up. You'll still be allowed to use them of course. Mega farms are what we are most worried about.
  • Mega redstone contraptions that are laggy will not be allowed. Also smaller laggy redstone contraptions if deemed so by staff.
  • Unnecessarily large storages or use of hoppers will not be allowed anymore.
  • Large overworld portal farms will not be allowed.
  • It will still be allowed to bypass the AFK kick so long as you aren't loading an area with a ton of hoppers, chests, or redstone.

Super OP Items
We are going to drastically cut the amount of OP items on the server. We let it get out of hand last time and came to regret it. There still will be, but most of the items won't be as OP as before. Bear will have more info on this soon.

Donator Trade Tokens
As these haven't really been much use, we are just going to do away with them completely. We just don't have any ideas for them. Special Trade Tokens will remain.

Economy & Crates
No we aren't getting rid of the economy. :p But it will be changing. We are going to do our best to not introduce a ton of extra dias into the economy. There is an overabundance of the rarer in game items. So, I will be making them more rare in the crates. (Elytra, Beacons, Wither Skulls, end crystals, shulkers, etc) There's also an abundance of building materials coming from the crate, making them almost useless to sell in shops. I'm going to be toning down the amount of materials you get from the crates, so that people can actually sell them in shops. i.e. Wood, wool, concrete, glass, etc

Donation Store Items
Bear will be making one time /kits for each donator rank to get back their spawners/eggs/keys etc. I'll also return bought Spawners, Spawn Eggs, and Unbreakable Kits bought within the last 2 months. Keys bought during November will also be returned. (Not Keys for All though) However, these items will only be returned if players create a "ticket" on a thread that I will make when the time comes. You cannot get your items back unless you create the ticket. This will allow the 4 of us with access to be able to keep returns organized. Claimblocks, sethome amounts, ranks, and command access will automatically transfer over.

Creative World Potential

With this full reset, we are finally able to move over to another inventory plugin which should allow us to bring the Creative World back up eventually. This is not priority and still may not happen if it doesn't work properly.

Collectibles

We will be keeping all collectible series' for future use. One idea is to have a 'throw-back' crate available for limited times with one of the series in it at a time.

Claimblocks
All claimblock amounts will be saved, but claims will not.

Ranks
All ranks will be transferred over automatically.

I'll update this list as needed!!

We do not have a projected time frame as we have to regenerate a new map manually and build all new buildings for everything.

Thank you guys for your patience! I'm so blessed to have a community as understanding and loving as ours is :d
pjXahuG.png
Art by: LyssaNeko, Draw Siuan Art Contest winner!
Posted Dec 3, 17 · OP · Last edited Dec 3, 17 by [Owner] Siuan
Love
Top Notch ...
Informativ...
Agree
Funny
List
Undo
Votes:
+35
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
Thanks for the hard work of all the staff on this. It must have been a hard decision. If there's anything the rest of us can do to help, please let us know.
Posted Dec 3, 17
Love
List
Undo
Votes:
+233
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Untagged users
Thank you for the dedication in this server, and tbh I'm not part of the majority, I'm kinda glad for this because I've been bored for a couple of weeks and this gives me the time to start anew, and remind me of when I started this server.
XEtRR3c.png
Im really proud of this!!
Posted Dec 3, 17
Love
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+13
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
Im gonna miss all my stuff, but its gonna be fun to restart!
Posted Dec 3, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
so would i be getting all my spawners back? lol or no?
Posted Dec 3, 17
Votes:
+215
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Untagged users
Thank you swan for clearing everything up on this whole situation! We are all greatful for the admin teams decision and I am happy to have a fresh start on Swancraft! <3
Posted Dec 3, 17
Agree
Love
List
Undo
Votes:
+215
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Untagged users
As swan said, the fresh new inventories is mainly to fix the economy, the economy has gone to shit and I think the staff team want to fix that! Hope this helps!
Posted Dec 3, 17
Votes:
+453
Level 7
LEVEL 7
Online on Site
wrote:
so would i be getting all my spawners back? lol or no?
You'll have to post a ticket when siuan makes the thread to get back the items you donated but yes you can.
Posted Dec 3, 17 · Last edited Dec 3, 17 by [Moderator] FieryFlare
Helpful
List
Undo
Votes:
+18
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
it’ll be hard to start off fresh after hours of building, collecting, mining, chopping, digging etc. But if it needs to be done then it needs to be done.
I will definelty miss the house I built but I guess this will be an opportunity to build up an even nicer house that is more badass than the last as well as my two stacks of swan and donator keys I’ve been saving (that will suck xP)
However with that being said hopefully with this fresh start there will be no more issues and we can continue to play and enjoy the server like we used to before all these issues popped up. Can’t wait to start playing again!
Posted Dec 3, 17
Agree
Love
Top Notch ...
List
Undo
Votes:
+14
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
I will definitely be back once everything is back up and running. :)
Posted Dec 3, 17
Love
List
Undo
Page
of 21
NoticeNotices